Tuesday, December 29, 2009

On Coffee

I've been a regular coffee drinker since the 60's.  I like it black and have been known to finish a full pot in a day.  But I'm the only true coffee drinker on my branch of the family tree.  One son drinks a cup of "New York style" (half-and-half with sugar) coffee in the morning but that's it.

My favorite is Jamaican Blue Mountain.  Extremely expensive for a pound of beans--I like to grind the beans myself--but absolute heaven to drink in the morning, at noon and at night.  My wife, who doesn't drink any coffee, is astounded that I can have a nice cup of coffee and go to bed for a good night's sleep.

I don't buy coffee at commercial establishments like Starbucks.  Those are, in my estimation, overpriced and usually not made very well.

So follow the link for an excellent essay on coffee.  It tastes good and is good for you.

2 comments:

Michael Whyte said...

Thank you very much for singing the praises of my beloved coffee. I am a Blue Mountain Coffee farmer. My family have been for three generations. There is a whole lot of love in every single bean that we produce. I have always known that we produce some of the best coffee in th world, but it wasn’t until I became computer literate and started going online that I realized just how cherished and appreciated our coffee really is. Thanks again

Papa Bill said...

Thank you, Michael, and thank you and your family for the pleasure your labors bring to the world. There is no finer coffee in the world than Jamaican Blue Mountain and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels that way. I've found no other coffee from any region of the world that can match it.

Keep up the good work. It is greatly appreciated.

Papa Bill