Sunday, March 28, 2010

Police: Drunk Pa. Man Tried To 'Revive' Opossum

I couldn't resist this story.  I was in law enforcement for a long time and I saw some very interesting things but I never saw someone giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to a possum.  Having grown up in the country, I do know that possums do play dead once in a while but the story indicates that this one had been dead for some time.

The reporter left many needed facts out of the story.  For instance, was the man a member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) or ALF (Animal Liberation Front)?  Membership in either of those might be considered a mitigating factor in this case.  Also, is the man in question a Democrat?  That also might be considered a mitigating factor.  And how sure is the officer that the man was giving the possum mouth-to-mouth resuscitation?  Could there have been a relationship involved?

So many questions are left unanswered by this story.  All I can say is that somebody's family history has been enriched by a measure that most will not match in their lifetime.

Follow the link for the story.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

What a strange, strange story. I cant imagine what the cop was thinking when he drove up and saw a man trying to revive a marsupial.

http://www.failpick.com/2010/3/drunk-man-arrested-for-trying-to-revive-dead-opossum/